Hello, thank you for being a member of the Sugaring NYC Family. Sugaring is a fun and easy method of natural hair removal. We know that as it becomes popular more and more people will try to use sugar paste at home and a lot of times will have some questions.
We developed this page to help you – our beloved beginners. We will try to cover the entire process – from choosing the paste up to your very first sugaring session
BEFORE YOU START
Test Sugar Paste on a small area of your skin, hand, or leg. It is absolutely normal for skin to be red after sugaring. Please read the following Sugaring hair removal technique to make your sugaring session easy and pleasant. Try to exfoliate 1-2 days before a planned sugaring session – this will help a lot.
SUGARING INSTRUCTION FOR BEGINNERS:
1. Hair must be at least 0.3 inches (5-6 mm) long. Avoid visiting tanning booth, pool, sauna a day before the procedure.
2. Always use nitrile gloves.
3. Thoroughly clean and disinfect the area of hair removal. Sprinkle it with some drying powder if needed.
4. If necessary, slightly preheat the paste by using standard waxing warmer or candle warmer.
5. Apply some sugar paste on the area you are removing hair from. Pull the skin with your free hand.
6. With a quick movement tear the paste according to the hair growth and along the skin surface.
7. You can use the same piece of sugar paste until it starts sticking to your hands.
8. If needed remove the traces of the paste using waxing strips or wash them away with warm water.
DO NOT SUGAR:
- After acid treatments or dermabrasions (please wait 4 months)
- If you suffer from vein diseases (for example Phlebitis)
- If you suffer from acute varicose veins
- On moles, warts, wounds, acne
- On sunburn
- If you suffer from Oedema
- If you suffer from weak connective tissue
No Microwave? No Problem!
HOW TO CHOOSE SUGARING PASTE?
We offer 3 grades of sugar: Soft, Medium and Hard.
The hardness of the sugar paste should be chosen according to the hair type: the coarser the hair (usually dark hair), the harder should be the paste.
If You Choose Soft
Soft Sugaring paste is great for Fuzzier body hair, facial hair, arms, lower legs and hair that haven’t been shaved before. Soft sugaring paste is also used by professionals to mix it into other sugar grades for speed sugaring technique.
If You Choose Medium
Great for more advanced sugarers and professionals. More experienced users can achieve better results by using larger pieces of medium paste and working with them through bigger body areas. Medium paste can also be mixed into the hard paste to make a hard-medium paste for intermediate to semi-pro skill level.
If You Choose Hard
Ideal for everyone who is just starting learning sugaring. It’s easy to apply and flick. Heating would vary based on a size of a jar and your preference. Sugaring paste can be heated in a microwave, waxing warmer or hot water. Hard paste should be your choice if you have coarse hair.
Sugaring NYC Kit
Ideal for all hair types. Sugaring NYC kit contains the same pro-grade Sugar Paste used in all Sugaring NYC locations. We developed a unique natural formula of Sugaring Paste brand that can be used in the comfort of your home, without waiting for your appointment at you regular waxing or sugaring salon.